MADAME NHU'S CAR BAR
Get the experience of going to a bar, but without going into a bar! All food and drinks are 20% off
How it works
1. Park within a block of Madame Nhu Surry Hills - as this is a trial service, we request that you park within a minute's walking distance from our eatery.
2. Check out our menu at Madame Nhu - Mr Yum's. To place an order:
- Walk-in (using our new social distancing counter service) to place order
- Send us a message via Facebook Messenger @madamenhu
- Call us on (02) 9212 3311 and place your order
3. When placing your order, we need the following details:
- Whether you parked on Campbell St or Foster St
- Your car colour and Rego number
4. We'll then bring your takeaway and/or drinks of choice to your car. Payment by credit card tap. Repeat the process to order more drinks
Note - We use takeaway cups by default but you can request beer glasses. Return the glasses to us once finished or call us to pick it up
Currently the following beverages are available via our Car Bar service:
- Draught beer - 420ml Premium Orion
- All bottled beer and cider (Asian, craft)
- Non-alcoholic beverages
Please order food as well with your order. Responsible service of alcohol will be strictly observed, especially for the driver. Madame Nhu encourages only individual drivers or couples to use this service to ensure the rules of social distancing is observed.
All food and drinks are 20% OFF
Madame Nhu launches its "Car Bar" service in response to NSW's lockdown laws
Sydney Vietnamese eatery Madame Nhu today launches a trial of its "Car Bar" service in response to the semi-lockdown laws and the possible mental impact of social isolation.
This service allow customers to drive and park within a block of Madame Nhu and be able to order snacks and a glass of cold draught beer or cocktail without leaving their cars. In effect, their car becomes their bar.
"Experts have warned that social isolation can impact on mental health. Our initiative of a 'Car Bar' allows people to get the experience of going to a bar, but without going into a bar," owner Nhu Nguyen says.
"It helps bring a small sense of normality to an otherwise stressful time," she adds.
"Customers are welcome to bring our food home and enjoy their choice of tipple, however nothing beats a glass of ice cold draught beer straight from the tap and accompanied by restaurant-quality snacks that's freshly cooked. That's something you can't get from a bottled beer at home."
Responsible service of alcohol will be strictly observed for both the driver and passengers. Madame Nhu encourages only individual drivers or couples to use this service to ensure the rules of social distancing is observed.
The eatery has been reconfigured to allow for one-way foot traffic in and out so that customers will not cross path with one another. Distance floor markings is available for queuing. Customers can order via phone or Facebook. Alternatively, customers can walk in to order at the eatery's counter and get their draught beer in a takeaway cup instead.
This initiative has been made possible following a Liquor & Gaming NSW directive on 23 March 2020.